A solution for night time wanderers.
Night time wandering is a scary reality for many families and results in many nights of poor sleep and high levels of anxiety.
The risk of trauma, injury and even death is very real for many families with children who are struggling with autistic spectrum disorder and other conditions.
With these risks we’ve even heard of parents taking turns sleeping so that they can be sure they’re loved ones are safe.
There are several things you can do to try and keep your child safe;
- Identifying and where possible eliminating triggers
- Using tracking devices, while they don’t prevent they can help a speedy recovery.
- Educate your child on the dangers of wandering
- Make sure your entire home is secure.
- Educate neighbours and others in your immediate area so that they can keep their eyes and ears open.
- Make sure your child has ID bracelets and other identification with them at all time including in bed
This is where the safety sleeper has been able to bring much peace of mind and a better night’s sleep for all involved.
The safety sleeper is available in several colours and can be attached to a standard bed. With several models and options available you can choose the one best suited to your child so that they can be safely secured from dangerous night wandering.
Some clients have had success obtaining funding for this product through NDIS so speak to your OT about the safety sleeper.
To find out more on this product please click here. (insert link to product)
If you have any questions or would like to trial this product for your child please contact us directly.